Premier™ Bookshoe Solid Board
Warning: Last items in stock!
Archival quality Premier™ Bookshoe solid board combines strength and purity, permanence and durability. It is free of acids, lignin and elemental chlorine, with a high percentage of bleached long kraft fibres and with very low reducible sulphur content as required for the safe storage of photographic prints and negatives.
Designed for the production of boxes and folders to protect collections from damage caused by handling, atmospheric pollution, fire and flood disasters.
Meets the most stringent requirements of long term archival storage and it is laminated from Heritage Archival pHotokraft™ papers with plasticizer-free EVA adhesive.
The board offers a controlled microenvironment for books, papers, photographs, etc., adding to the physical protection a slightly alkaline environment that helps to counteract any acidity present in the stored materials.
The colour is resistant to dirt, dust, grease and abrasions.
It is used mainly for the production of unobtrusive protective ‘book shoes’ for leather bindings in antique or specialist libraries.
- pH 7.5 - 9.5
- Buffered (average 3%) calcium carbonate (ISO 9706)
- EVACON R lamination adhesive (plasticiser free)
- Internally sized with Alkyl Ketene Dimer (AKD)
- Externally sized with Non-Ionic Farina Starch
- Lignin-free (ASTMD 1030)
- O.B.A.'s free (optical brightening agents)
- Reducible Sulphur less than 0.8 parts per million (0,0008%) (TAPPI T406)
- P.A.T. Photographic Activity Test (ISO 18916)
- Lightfast - min 5 Blue Wool Scale test (BS1006:97 & TAPPI T475)
- Manufacturing of boxes, folders and portfolios
- Backing Board
- Model making
Thickness: 1,0 | 1,3 mm
Format: 1040 x 1473 mm
Packs: 10 units